1. This very special rainbow over Tasmania.
2. Basically Tasmania’s skies every night of the week…
3. Australia, touched by angels, Gracetown, WA.
4. The prettiest sky you’ve ever seen, Moolaalaba, Queensland.
5. What about these wonderfully wild skies above Woolloomooloo, NSW?
6. Basically Australia’s skies rock any day of the week. On Australia Day we take it up a gear! Here’s fireworks, lightning AND a comet over Perth, WA!!!
7. Watch out for the Gates of Hell, Ararat, Victoria.
8. And keep your head down during UFO invasions over Manly, NSW.
9. Some days it seems like we’re living in a parallel universe: witness this fallstreak cloud over Gippsland, Victoria.
10. Here’s the Michelin Man on the move over Woodlands, Queensland.
11. And a truly epic shot of daytime night skies during 2012’s total solar eclipse from Ellis Beach, Far North Queensland.
12. Oh, just some camels enjoying the sunset in Broome, Western Australia.
13. Just another EPIC Sunday sunset, Point Lonsdale, Victoria.
14. You better run, you better take cover. Lightning storm over Perth, WA.
15. Feeling hungry? Much on this candy floss cloud spotted over the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.
16. OMG!!!! The End of the World Has Begun. What a sunset!
17. WUT?! Seriously INSANE skies over Geelong, Victoria.
18. I see your double rainbow and I raise you! Circle rainbow, Cottesloe, WA.
19. Sunday night special, Northern Beaches, Sydney
20. 1-2-3 OMG!!! Magnificent meteor, Milky Way AND moonbow over Wallaman Falls, Queensland.
21. What’s the story Morning Glory, Far North Queensland.
22. One minute the beach was packed, the next…
23. Fancy a nice afternoon down the beach waiting for a tornado to touch down? At Bellarine Peninsula, Victoria.
24. Oh wait, we call these guys Willy Willys right? Twister menacing Mt Bryan, SA.
25. The Southern lights over Howden, Tasmania?
26. Mercury, Venus and the Moon behind the Australia Telescope Compact Array, Narrabi, New South Wales. Boom, Boom, BOOM!!!
27. But you don’t need a radio telescope to enjoy the Milky Way: do as these dudes do at Greenhead, WA.
28. Still not convinced?! How about the Milky Way over the Bungle Bungles, WA
29. Do yourself a favour, watch the skies. You never know what you might see
Moon, clouds, plane almost obscure sun over Fremantle, WA.
More from Amazing Places
When businessman Kenneth Arnold saw a group of nine high-speed flying objects near Mount Rainier Washington in 1947, an uproar of …
ifty years ago, soon-to-be president and then-representative Gerald R. Ford changed the conversation about UFOs in a very permanent way. …
On October 7, 1965, reports of a dozen flying objects over the Edwards Air Force Base sent a F-106A fighter …
If you have eyes and use the internet, you've probably seen more than your fair share of stories about UFO …
For the Apollo 11 astronaut, launching into space was easy. Returning back to Earth was harder. Buzz Aldrin is a living legend: a bona fide …