1. Antônio Vilas-Boas (1957), who claimed to have had sex with a female alien.
2. Betty and Barney Hill (1961), a married couple whose case became one of the most famous and studied accounts.
3. Pascagoula Abduction (1973), coworkers who claimed they were abducted by a craft while fishing.
4. Travis Walton (1975), a logger whose crew claimed to see a craft, after which he disappeared for 5 days.
5. Frederick Valentich (1978), a pilot who reported a strange craft to Air Traffic Control before disappearing without a trace.
6. Whitley Strieber (1985), a horror novelist whose account of his abduction became a best-seller.
Whitley Strieber, an author of horror novels, alleges that he was abducted by non-human visitors from his home in upstate New York in December, 1985. (Strieber does not specifically state that “the visitors” are alien in nature, though most read his account — the 1987 book Communion — as such.) Communion became a #1 Times bestseller, granting the topic of alien abduction a renewed, widespread public interest. Strieber wrote several non-fiction follow-ups to the story, as well as a number of novels about similar topics. He is currently the host of a pararnormal-themed internet podcast called “Dreamland.”
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.